Did you know that out of the many methods that hackers use to breach network security, the malware infection steals the race? There are many reasons that witness this trend and the most common ones are given below.
- A malware is tricky to detect and hackers keep coming up with malware variants that are more harmful than their previous versions
- Hackers can use spying websites and emails to corrupt your system with malware that can secretly leak sensitive information and later hijack the entire network system, causing tremendous damage to the company’s assets
- Organizations fail to monitor employee activities and it increases the chances that the staff members might fall victim to a malware attack unknowingly
These are but a few reasons that hackers prefer malware attacks than any other form of hacking. Having said that, as difficult as it may sound, there are possible ways that you can use to defend your company and users from such threats. The first of all such necessities is realizing the most serious kinds of malware doing rounds on the internet. There are basically 3 types that are causing havoc these days and they include;
- Mobile malware
Also, Android users are at more risk due to the tricky modifications of mobile malware types that unethical hackers are coming up with. The only possible ways to reduce the chances of a security breach due to malware infection are listed below.
- Create strong backdoor passwords that contain at least 12 unique characters. It seals the gateway between the threats of the internet and your network system
- Use a strong firewall that is the second protection layers taking guard against the threats of the internet. Using one can veil your network systems from getting in direct contact of malware and viruses
- Use scanning tools and software that can uncover malware-infected websites and links. Also, antivirus tools with advanced settings can blow out warnings against any suspicious source
- Use network cleaning services to sweep bugs from the cloud. Since bugs are the vulnerabilities that catch malware first, it is necessary to remove them. Hence, keep installing the new software updates as soon as they show up
- Enable browser plugins that can blow out notifications and mark red flags on suspicious websites that might be carrying a malware
Whilst these are preventive methods, it is also necessary to follow strategies that can minimize the damage if your company falls a victim to malware infection. The best of those tricks is ‘Network Segmentation’. Dividing the company’s info into different parts and storing it in different networks reduce the imminent damage. Since all networks are independent, one compromised network cannot lead to the hacking of other networks.