If you are one who is hooked onto your mobile phone be it night or day, you are probably aware of the different cellular service providers in the company. BSNL is one such telecom operator that works in all parts of the country leaving alone Mumbai and Delhi. With it being a government owned company, it enjoys immense confidence of its subscribers and hence is doing quite well in the mobile industry as on date. It has successfully taken on the might of Indian and international telecom providers and worked on providing competitive tariff plans to win a good customer base in India.
Also with its focus to reach the remotest village, hilly areas and difficult terrains the company is slowly reaching places that the other telecom providers have still not thought of going.
Some key decisions of the company have been mentioned below:-
- In July 2010 Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) launched the launch BSNL bill payment and mobile recharge through mobile and Union Bank of India (UBI) ATMs. The service was devised and launched to make recharging and bill payments convenient for its BSNL Recharge
- The service was provided for all UBI members who could use the facility after one-time registration of their BSNL mobile number. They could make payments of their BSNL bill using their mobile anytime and from anywhere. One can also get BSNL Recharge done easily.
- Similarly for all prepaid customers who have their bank account with UBI, could use this service to top-up their mobile numbers by carrying out BSNL recharge through their mobile device.
- In the same line, the BSNL subscribers with a UBI debit card could settle their BSNL bills through the UBI ATM from any place in the country at any time of the day,
- Also for BSNL users with prepaid connection can do the BSNL recharge of their mobile using their UBI debit card at UBI ATM and get a receipt against the same.
- This program ensured that the BSNL subscribers need visit BSNL counters to make payments of their bills or get the BSNL recharge done.
This program was launched as a special promotion for the nationalized bank as well as the public sector undertakings’ services. This was in addition to the already existing medium of recharge and making payments online that include the BSNL online portal, third party resellers and their Apps.
- On World Telecom Day last year in May 2017, BSNL came up with a new slogan to deliver best services with fresh outlook and drive. As part of the endeavor the company signed with one of the social media giants, Facebook, to work on overhaul connectivity
- It also tied up with Disney India to provide online gaming service to BSNL mobile customers.
- BSNL also tied up with one of India’s top reselling site for offering its payment portal services and promoting BSNL’s mobile products online at their site.
As an effort to continually upgrade their services the company has recently launched the international Wi-Fi roaming facility.